Maxxton – Privacy Statement
Maxxton B.V. (the Netherlands) is part of the Maxxton Group which includes Maxxton Holding B.V. (the Netherlands), Maxxton B.V. (the Netherlands), Maxxton US Corp. (US), Maxxton UK Ltd (UK) and Maxxton India Pvt.Ltd (India). This privacy statement will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage cookies
- Changes to our privacy statement
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
1. What data do we collect?
Maxxton collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Sensitive personal identification information (ID-scan, social security number, etc.)
- Payment information (IBAN, BIC, etc.)
- Working experience (based on CV provided during application process)
- Activity in our support system (tickets generated, comments, work log, etc.)
- Scheduled visits to our office (name, time of arrival, etc.)
2. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Maxxton with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us through our website, the Maxxton Jira support system, e-mail or when you call our office or employees directly
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Apply for a job with Maxxton
- Are a representative of a customer or supplier of Maxxton
- Visit our office in Middelburg, the Netherlands
Maxxton may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- A Maxxton customer
- A Maxxton prospect
- A Maxxton supplier
- A school or university that collaborates with Maxxton for internships
3. How will we use your data?
Maxxton collects your data so that we can:
- Provide support
- Provide product information
- Process your job application or internship
- Process invoices and payments
- Store contracts and similar legal documents
- Improve our website and other services
4. How do we store your data?
Maxxton securely stores your data at Maxxton datacenters (Equinix in Amsterdam and Google Cloud Platform in Groningen and Frankfurt) or on devices present on the Maxxton premises in Middelburg.
Maxxton will keep your data regarding our fiscal obligations for 7 years.
Any data regarding the execution of a contract with a customer of supplier will be stored for the duration of the contract + 1 year. In case of a legal dispute this period can be extended for as long as the dispute exists.
Other data (i.e. office visits, e-mails, etc) will be stored for a maximum of 3 years.
5. What are your data protection rights?
Maxxton would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Maxxton for copies of your personal data at reasonable intervals.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Maxxton corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Maxxton to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Maxxton erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Maxxton restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Maxxton’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Maxxton transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Process information requests
8. What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Maxxton uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Maxxton uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Maxxton sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
9. How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
10.Changes to our privacy statement
Maxxton keeps its privacy statement under regular review and places any updates on this web page. This privacy statement was last updated on 13 November 2020.
11.How to contact us
If you have any questions about Maxxton’s privacy statement, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
12.How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Maxxton has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens at https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/