We understand change is never easy, switching to a new solution is a significant step for any company. Opting for Maxxton means creating conditions to reduce costs, improving efficiency and establish growth, to name just a few advantages. The implementation of a ERP solution requires special attention. Complexities often arise as a result of trying to align a company with a new software solution. We only implement Maxxton in close consultation with you to ensure that your organization continues its operations with reduced disruption. Our expert consultants and implementation managers see to it the implementation process is well-coordinated and rolled out smoothly with constant insight into all steps taken in the process.
You can only achieve your ambitions with a software solution that connects seamlessly with your organization and activities. Maxxton therefore believes that a well-coordinated implementation process is essential. Your business processes should therefore be closely assessed and synchronized with your current and future requirements and the options you have available. Once the business processes have been assessed, we prepare a clear plan in which we specify the delivery date of each component and who will be responsible for its implementation. We rely on the Jira ticket system to promote clear and transparent communication in order to ensure that all parties are constantly informed during the process.
During the implementation, we put together an implementation team consisting of professionals from a variety of disciplines and with a thorough collective understanding of your business processes. As the implementation progresses, meetings take place between the implementation team from your organization and the Maxxton implementation team. Our implementation manager acts as your contact person throughout the process and thereafter. Our implementation team also comprises various other specialists, including experts dealing with configuration issues, a front office expert, housekeeping and technical staff and a specialist in financial processes. We assign these specialists in accordance with the level of customization you require.
After the first meeting between your implementation team and ours, the configuration process is initiated. Subsequent communication takes place mainly between the configuration specialists from both organizations. The implementation manager is continuously updated on progress and potential issues. Once the configuration has been satisfactorily completed, the configuration specialist fades into the background and other specialists take over, each in turn.
Training and instructions
Maxxton organizes training sessions for the members of your implementation team throughout the implementation phase. Your staff can also attend these sessions, even after you have taken the Maxxton system into operation. The subjects to be dealt with are determined on the basis of your requirements and can range from how to work with specific modules or how to operate the system after specific features have been expanded. The sessions can be held at your location or at Maxxton. If necessary, we can even provide online training and instructions for your employees.
The implementation of Maxxton software as an integrated solution for your organization is a process that obviously requires care and attention. We maintain a minimum lead time of 6 months to ensure that the switch to your new software is well-coordinated and successful. All depending on the complexity of your organization and the features you require, the implementation process can last up to 18 months. The duration of the process of analyses, planning, development, testing and going live is depending on:
- the size of your organization;
- the complexity of your organization and your activities;
- new features that need to be developed;
- the links to/connectivity with internal and external systems;
- your requirements and capacity in terms of implementation speed, for example the availability of your staff involved in the implementation process.
10 Tips for a smooth implementation
- Put together an expert implementation team with people who are familiar with the various business processes of your organization.
- Make sure that these people have sufficient time available for implementation. Temporarily assign some of their regular duties to others.
- Make an inventory of current business processes.
- Assess the need for new features.
- Start gathering all configuration data in advance. This forms an important base for an effective systems structure.
- Always focus on one aspect of the implementation at a time (or two if dealt with by different members of your implementation team).
- Consult the Jira ticket system dashboard several times a day for tickets that require input from you and/or your employees in order to avoid delay.
- Attend meetings and group calls as often as possible, as this is how information is often disclosed.
- Use ‘real’ data (e.g. bookings) to test the configuration and features. This will reveal potential undesired discrepancies or defects and give you enough time to resolve them before the ‘go-live’ date.
- Take enough time for the entire implementation and set a realistic ‘go-live’ date after a thorough assessment.